Thursday, February 09, 2006

In the beginning..


Feb 2006.

Originally, my family's trip to Russia this year was scheduled to be like all the other previous ones: Edinburgh to Prague via Czech Air, then Prague to St Petersburg to see my wife's parents and family there.
However, I have always wanted to do it differently, so this year we are going to drive from Scotland to Russia, going via Sweden and Finland. This involves two ferries; Newcastle in the UK to Gothenburg, then Stockholm to Helsinki in Finland. The actual driving distance is less than 600 miles! Incredible to think that it's actually further to drive from our home to Paris in France, than it will be to drive to St Petersburg!
Anyway, over the next few months, I'm going to update this page with all our plans, and ideas, then after it's all over, I'll recount all our experiences from the journey.

The picture shows me with my wife Anna in April 2000, in St Petersburg.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great journey and leave us to mourn for the Monarchs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home